Thursday, October 24, 2013

Weston 08-2201-W Number 22 Commercial Meat Grinder, 1 HP



Saved me HOURS of time.
Ok, I was skeptical that paying this much for a grinder was going to make that much difference. I make homemade cat food, so I really didn't want to pay for a semi-commercial grinder just for my cats, no matter how much I love them. So, I bought a $80 grinder to begin with, and it worked for a few months. It would get stuck on some bones, didn't like tendons, and really hated the cartilage from joints. It just wasn't strong enough to cut through it, so there was a lot of forward and reverse to finish the grind. The feed tube was small as well, so I had a lot if prep work to get the chicken into the grinder.
NONE of this was an issue for the Weston 22! What took me 6 hours to grind on my smaller machine was 15 minutes on the Weston. I didn't even have to cut up the chicken leg quarters. As long as it fit down the tube, the Weston ground it up. I didn't even use the reverse switch once.
Honestly, I wish I had just sucked it up and paid for this one to begin with. It would have...

great grinder for homemade dog food
I make my own dog food and this is a great grinder to use. I put in whole chickens and turkey (cut up of course) and nothing goes to waste. It even ground up turkey necks and pork ribs with ease.

very satisfied
Great little grinder. Processed 150lb of pork sausage the first time i used it and it passed the test with flying colors.Takes a little experimenting to get the feed right on the second grind but once I got that right it performed flawlessly

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment