Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Omega J8004x Factory Certified Reconditioned Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer, White



Save your money: this ain't bad for a "free" juicer!
PROS:
- Good savings over the "brand new" unit.
- Excellent quality juice.
- Squeezes out the juice like nobody's business.
- Reliable.
- Versatile.
- Quiet.
- Easy to clean.

NEUTRAL:
- Time consuming.

CONS:
- Small feed chute.
- Leaky chamber rear seal (-1/3 star).
- Soon to be Obsolete (-2/3 star).

SUMMARY

I needed a juicer for a month long juice fasting experiment to see what it does for me. I'm a little obsessive, so after seeing the movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and doing some research, I wanted to know what would happen to me under such a radical dietary change.

The J8004x is a wonderful compromise: highest nutrition content of any juice, incredible versatility, reliability, a preposterous warrant and it's easy to clean and relatively portable: you can't lose with this purchase.

I HATE having one-trick ponies in the kitchen, unless they're friggin' amazing...

Works great and has so many things you can do with it.
This is definitely a quality commercial masticating juicer. We have a centrifical juicer also but it would not juice kale, collard greens, or other vegetables that had quite a bit of hardness to them. This juicer is the easiest juicer ever to clean, will juice anything you put in it, and what does not juice is dry and has much less waste than with a centrifical juicer. There are good things about each type of juicer. The only, and I mean the only thing that would make this 5 stars instead of four is that the chamber that you put food into needs to be bigger so that you don't have to cut food into smaller pieces. We still love it, but it does make it a little more work to have to put smaller pieces of food than the big honking pieces we could put in our other juicer. But we are not going to let that stop us from using this. The juicing takes longer because it juices at a lower speed, but it is worth the time because you get more juice and clean up is a breeze.

Love This Juicer
I have only owned this juicer for a few days but can already say that it is sooooooo much easier to clean than my previous juicer. Easier to clean, easier to use means using it more. This juicer is very quiet. I can juice in my kitchen in the morning without waking up the entire household. The 12 year warranty makes buying a factory reconditioned unit a no brainer, in my opinion. Saves money and the Omega company is willing to stand behind their product. I get more juice out of leafy greens and vegetables than I ever was able to with my centrifugal juicer. The pulp comes out very dry. This unit will easily allow me to incorporate FRESH green juicing into my mornings. The footprint isn't any larger than my other juicer and fits nicely on the countertop. Shipping was very fast. Great Product!!

UPDATE: Have now owned this juicer for about 2 1/2 months. Still works great and still easy to clean. The ease of cleaning has truly been the thing that has allowed me to...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment