Sunday, October 27, 2013

Kitchenaid Blender Jar



Wait! Call KitchenAid Customer Service before buying this!
I have the KitchenAid KSB560-MC0 blender which I love but the pitcher started to crack and leak. I was about to buy the replacement pitcher advertised here when I called Customer Service at KitchenAid to verify the correct part number. They asked why I needed the part number and I told them that my pitcher had been leaking. They offered to replace it at no charge, even though I purchased the blender over 6 years ago! All I had to do was give them the serial number from my blender and they shipped me a brand new pitcher within a week! If your original pitcher has become cracked and leaky, you might want to try calling KitchenAid before buying a replacement. They take good care of their customers.

Blade assembly, or lack thereof, stinks!
This really goes with a great blender. You absolutely cannot complain about the size of the jar. I never put it in the dishwasher, so it never cracked either. The blade assembly, however, is just awful. Whatever happened to the days when you could unscrew the blade, take it all apart for cleaning and then put it back together? This thing comes lose and to tighten it is impossible for me and painful for my husband. We had to jury rig another rubber washer in there, because you cant take it all apart to replace it. I am currently drinking a chunky smoothie, suppose I should call it a chunkie, because we dare not let it blend for very long before it all starts leaking out the bottom. So, while I love the blender, this jar is such a pain to deal with that I would really recommend not even bothering.

THE JAR being SOLD
The previous two reviews talk about the awful KitchAid blender jar. YES it is awful. The blade broke in about a year.
But this jar being sold here is pretty decent. Nice product, prompt shipping by the seller. Only thing is that they did not provide much information on the site. Its a 48 oz jar without the lid. But fits nicely to my KSB560.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment