Friday, October 25, 2013

Brew Express BEC-110BS 10-Cup Countertop Coffee System, Stainless/Black



Takes something that is easy and makes it easier
It's not hard to fill up the pot and then dump it into a pour over coffee maker yet somehow that process and the drips regularly causes me to start my day off in a bad mood. Enter the Brew Express.

The unit connects to the water source so all you need to do is load it with coffee and hit the button. The work you save is minimal, but the enjoyment I get from avoiding the fill and pour process is immense.

The coffee itself comes out good and at the right temperature. There is no burner plate, the coffee comes out at temperature into an insulated carafe. I wish there was a way to see how much coffee was left in the carafe, but I don't know how you would do that without sacrificing the insulative properties.

Hookup really was simple. I took the extra step of adding an inline filter and I'm glad I did. I connected behind the fridge and then ran to an inline valve (like $3 at lowes)and then into the filter and from the filter to the coffee maker. That...

Best coffee machine I have ever used!
After many years of buying the conventional coffee machines which have only served me for 2-3 years at best, I decided to go for a more expensive machine. Admittedly, I have only made one pot in it so far, but it is quite possibly the best coffee that I have ever brewed. I really like the fact that I no longer have to fill the reservoir with water for every pot. The plumbing was pretty easy (full disclosure, I am a plumber) but I think with a few simple hand tools and a little bit of ambition anyone could accomplish the installation of this machine. The controls are somewhat intuitive, and very simple to use. I am looking forward to many, many years of great coffee.

Long time customer
I had the original Brew express built into my Kitchen during a remodel several years ago. It finally got tired and needed replacement after years of faithful service. I actually thought this one was pretty much the same and would go into the same built in wall fixture but this BEC-110BS is actually meant to sit on the counter. I removed the old wall fixture and just shoved this into the wall like a built in and it looks good and work perfectly. Much better unit than the original, amazingly the coffee stays hot for 12 hours!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment