Wednesday, October 23, 2013

GE CYE23TSDSS Cafe 23.1 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Counter Depth French Door Refrigerator - Energy Star



Great refrigerator with nice features!
We wanted a cabinet depth refrigerator as we don't like our fridge sticking out too far from the cabinets. We had a GE prior to this one and I swore I would never buy another GE refrigerator again. It was about 10 years old and was their top of the line cabinet depth back then. Thank goodness for extended warranty as we had numerous calls on it which unfortunately continued after when we had to pay about another $400 to keep it running. Ferraris have this sort of maintenance needs, not GE appliances....

I was looking at Samsung and LG options and was sold on going that route when my wife found this model online. I was not thrilled about it, but agreed to look at it since she liked the looks and features. A local large box home appliance retailer said they could get it for me and the price was right - with their 5 year extended warranty - so I went ahead with it.

So far it has been a very nice refrigerator. I really like the LED lighting. It really lights...

CAFE Series Counter-Depth Fridge
This is a awesome fridge that is now made in the US and on the leading edge with its hot water options. I strongly encourage you to measure the needed space because the counter depth fits much better in older homes that do not have large cutouts for the fridge. The interactive display is great as a control center and you can upload pictures for a on-demand slideshow. The LED lighting and large bins provide plenty of storage and is a nice change from the traditional side by side setup. I priced this out at several home improvement stores and even with the shipping from purchasing at Amazon I saved ~$350. This is a great product.

NOISY
If you like the sound of a jet taking off or lawn mower....this product is for you. This thing is very very noisy. Google it.

The precision fill is also a worthless feature. If you are like me, I thought I could set the amount of fluids and let it fill while I do other things. Nope it just counts it out for you while you wait. What is the point???

The heated water....you can use a microwave in half the time.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment