Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Secura Infrared Convection Countertop TurboFry Oven 997MC



Very pleased with this product
We ordered this a few weeks ago, so far we have tried potatoes fries, pizza, roasted chicken and we roasted some almonds as well. Everything came out excellent. This oven is indeed a multifunction appliance. It first is a convection oven similar to a Rotisserie oven, but with a turntable rack. So you are not limited to roasted chicken and ribs but can put smaller pieces on the turntable. The second function is to replace the turntable with a food tumbler or paddle, it then turns into an automatic stir fryer. We made some fries from fresh potato. Needless to say the fries are much less greasy with only one spoon of oil, but we are thrilled to see this actually works. It means this cooker can take the tedious labor work out of cooking.

With everything we have cooked in this turbofry oven so far well done, we are very pleased with this product.

Roasted chicken is second to none. The first chicken we cooked is perfect, golden crispy skin bottom and up, and juicy...

waste of money
I should have paid more attention to the negative reviews before purchasing this product. I wanted something that would be convenient for small dinners consisting of food items like chicken quarters. I tried it out on thawed chicken quarters and had it cranked all the way up to what is supposedly 482 degrees (I seriously doubt that the Secura reaches anything near that temperature) and I set the timer for 13 minutes. After the first 13 minutes I turned the quarters over for another 13 minutes. checking to see if they were done the internal temp was still only 145 degrees. I continued cooking for another 13 minutes on each side and they still weren't done. I wound up finishing them off in the microwave. Another reason I wish I hadn't bought the top of the line Secura is because it has the rotating bottom which means that there is a hole in the bottom of the glass bowl to accommodate the feature and this is annoying when you want to use a lower rack but can't because of the protruding...

So far so good.
I just got it today. We'll see how long it lasts. I expect a minimum of 2-3 years of service for this price or I will update the review and drop it to one-star.

Toast is the one thing the user guide doesn't mention, and I could find nothing scouring the web. I was eager to find out if I would be missing anything by not having a toaster or toaster oven. So the first thing I did was try a split English muffin with a dab of margarine and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. It didn't toast like a toaster. Actually, it was better. It crisped and browned in a really desirable way. My now defunct (after one year) B&D toaster oven seemed to have two settings - watch and wait, or burnt. You generally had to just stand there and watch. This infrared convection cooker browned it nice and slow (well, 10 minutes) but in a very nice golden brown way. The margarine and cheese melted perfectly. I love this thing so far.

The instructions aren't very clear. I had to pretty much guess...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment