Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Lasko 5309 Electronic Oscillating Tower Heater



Nice little heater!
This is a nice little heater. Has the same size
ceramic core as bigger units, but costs less because
theres no remote, or fancy lcd display. But it puts
out just as much heat as its big brothers.
The exterior is pretty cheap, so I can't give it
anymore stars. I believe this heater qualify's for CA prop 65
warning. But didn't see it! Made in China....

Great heater, lacks safety features!
Overview: This is a great small size heater. It has two main setting "low" and "high". The low setting is nearly silent, so you can easily do certain task such as talking or listening to music without some background interference. It has 6 temperatures settings (in Fahrenheit): 65˚, 70˚, 75˚, 80˚, 85˚, and "Max". During the winter time, my room is about 55˚ Fahrenheit, using the max setting it gets my 10x12 feet room heated to 80˚ in 15~20 minutes. It has an oscillating feature that rotates about a 60˚ angle.

Pros: Quiet and many settings to keep your room at a comfortable temperature.

Cons: NO SAFETY FEATURE! I think this is the reason I took off a star. There is no safety function for this heater. If you accidentally knock it over, it'll stay on. I've used other heaters and they have a safety button on the bottom of the heater, if the heater is move even the slightest, it'll turn off as a safety precaution. Now why does...

Nice and toasty!
Very warm heat. Love it! We don't have heat in our upstairs just yet so we needed something to get us by this winter until my husband puts in the ductwork. We have 3 bedrooms and 1 bath and it keeps it warm if we want it to. I love how you can control the heat - it has a setting for 65,70,75 and MAX heat. It has a high and low speed but if you put it on low, you can't set the temp, it just runs on low the whole time. If you have it on high, it will shut off when it reaches the desired temp. It also has a oscillating setting which is nice - I use it at night so it blows in all the bedrooms evenly. Happy with my purchase!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment