Thursday, October 31, 2013

Neato XV-14 Automatic Robotic Vacuum with Extra Brush Heads, Filters, and Squeegee - Blue



Impressed!
This is our first robotic vacuum - we wanted to wait to buy one until companies improved these products...and the XV-14 is pretty impressive! We babysat it during its first run, watching how it would deal with obstacles such as chairs, sofa covers, cables, carpet to tile transitions, etc. The RoboCop (that's what we named it) navigated very well around these obstacles, and when it couldn't "climb" the transition from tile to carpet one time, it backed up and approached the carpet at an angle - this time successfully transitioning from the slight threshold between the surfaces. I like that it doesn't bump into the obstacles. I also noticed that if an object is covered with a duvet for example, and the duvet reaches the floor, the RoboCop will go around the cover as opposed to forcing its way under the object. So if you want it to go under your bed, make sure the bed cover doesn't reach the floor. We had to "save" the robot once when it climbed the base of our tochiere lamp and couldn't...

NEATO
My husband bought this for me as a birthday gift. I have had it for over a month now. I use it very often. I have done the spot cleaning, schedule cleaning and normal house cleaning. It is amazing!!! It isnt the pet one however I am impressed with the amount of cat hair it picks up. I have 3 kids and they can get messy. The vacuum picks up full goldfish and all the crushed crackers they kids leave everywhere. I never write reviews, but with a pricey item I felt i should! I would buy this product all over again. It does not replace the upright vacuum because it doesnt get to the corners and against the base boards. The vacuum senses the kids and will go around them even when they constantly try to stay in front of it. It is simple to use as well. My kids love to turn it on. It sounds like a jet prepping for take off when it first starts but after it starts i can still watch tv with the tv volume at 18 and hear it fine :) i hope this review is helpful. I truely love this...

Neato review after 5 months of use, compare to Roomba
First, a little about me and this device:

1. I have a 3000 sq ft, 3 story home, with 2 cats, a dog, and a baby. So these robots had their work cut out for them.
2. I have been using Roomba 5-series for 7 years before purchasing 2 of these Neato units from Costco. I will compare the pros/cons of each.
3. Confusion about models: All Neato units are essentially the same except for colors. The only 2 real differences: A: the XV-11 model came out first and had lots of software bugs and badly produced parts, and B: the XV-21 model has a different beater brush and filter (pet model").

I have been using Roombas since 2005, when I first purchased a Roomba red. I loved it. Over time, I got 2 more- in part because these guys required constant maintenance and the batteries died after 1.5 years or so. I learned to rebuild the batteries myself, and clean the sensors when they would do the "circle dance of death". Eventually, all good things come to an end, and...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment