Monday, October 28, 2013

Epica 10" Portable Battery Operated Fan with Adapter



A very versatile fan: indoor - outdoor - window - floor - desk


I'm already a "fan" of this fan
I would have given my eye teeth for this fan two weekends ago when a storm blew down a tree on our street, blocking the street and taking down the power lines, with the power not being restored for more than 24 hours. My in-laws a few miles away had power, but we couldn't drive away with our street closed. The fan would have made us a lot more comfortable in the sweltering heat and humidity.

Whatever. This is a really nice fan, and the ability to run it on either batteries or AC makes it far more versatile that the traditional AC-only fans of this size. One tip: Even if you plan on using the fan only with AC power, it's a good idea to insert 8 D-cells in the base, even if the batteries are dead, since it makes the base more stable and the fan less likely to tip over if it's bumped. Even with batteries inserted, the fan only weighs about 4.4 pounds, making it very portable.

The 10" fan puts out a surprising amount of air flow. Indoors, with the high speed setting,...

The best tabletop/portable fan you can buy
I think this is a perfect little desk fan and keep it on my desk for when it's not super hot to save some energy with the air conditioner. I also do some gardening in my yard and this is good to take with me in the back so i can keep cool in the heat. If you have dogs or even kids that you travel with and need to keep them in the car for a few minutes this is good to have because you can just keep them cool while they wait for you.

The fan provides an adequate amount of air even on low settings. I am the type of person who does not like too much of a strong gust of air in my face so the high setting is pushing it for me but for someone who likes a lot of cool air it would be great. The noise the fan produces on low is minimal but it can be a little loud on high setting. It's bearable in my opinion.

The fan can lock into many different positions. You can angle it to wherever you need air. I thought that was pretty neat compared to desk fans that just sit in one...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment