Monday, October 28, 2013

NuWave PIC - Precision Induction Cooktop



MARCH 2013. THIS UPDATED REVIEW would only give one star.
MARCH 10, 2013.

Our review from December published below originally gave this PIC a five star review. I have changed to only ONE star now. SO, if you happen to read any comments by other folks which might not make sence, that is why...

I also have added at the bottom of this review an email from The Induction Cooking website expert, addressing small induction burner elements and the cooking powers of these smaller Induction cooktops.

The Induction cooking method is a good choice.

THIS product has a defect which makes it cook at much higher temperature than the temperature you set.

I used a candy thermometer to measure the temperature of water and soup. THe temperature/thermostat was defective.

When the unit was set and 160, the thermometer measured 200 and a rolling boil occurred.

I returned the unit, exchanging it for another PIC.

THe same defect occurred.

I will be returning the second...

unsafe, rotten customer service
I'm on my second PIC and have had it a little over a month and the thermostat is messing up. hot, hot, burn then down, down, down sitting on a cold pan. I don't EVER want to talk to anyone there again. If I stand there and keep adjusting the heat I can get meal. Don't trust it for melting chocolate or making yogurt. My fried chicken sat in cold grease, till I turned it up, then down, then up. Buy a different brand. I have a commercial cooking background and know how to cook on induction. This is a bad product.

My PIC over heated enough to separate the enamel from my dutch oven. They agreed to replace, then put a hold order on the replacement without notice to me. I called 5 times and it seems that notes are not accumulated in one area of the software they use, I had to go over the same thing every time. I finally got a "Shipped Out" phone call 24 days after the initial call. By then I was outraged and said so and wanted recompense for my dutch oven, time and inconvenience...

Not as efficient as represented.
I purchased mine from the Nuwave website. It was the BoGo offer with the cookware. As written in many other places the S&H for the cookware and second cook top negate any "get one free" benefit. That should be a considration of "how/where" you purchase.

I immediately unpacked my 2 PIC to test boiling water. First thing I found out was my Calphalon cookware from Target is annodized aluminum...not magnetic and not induction compatible. That should be a considration about buying the PIC if you want to use current metal cookware...BE SURE IT'S Magnetic.

Ok, now for the review of actual functionality. I used both the "free" stainless steel cookpot and a castiron fry pan. Both PIC's that I received only had a functioning induction coil in the very center of the cooktop. If you see a picture without the pot or pan on the PIC it's the size of the center red circle that is intersected by the NuWave logo. This will affect the eveness of heat distribution and...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment