Sunday, November 3, 2013

Webstone 50443PR 3/4-Inch SWT Isolator EXP Tankless Water Heater Service Valve Kit



They Work Great If Installed Correctly
Okay - after reading the negative reviews I was a bit nervous but these looked like the perfect solution to have valves to turn on/off water input/output, pressure relief and flush valves/system all in one neat piece. I am pretty handy but probably not more so than anyone who will install their own tankless water heater. So, I did what I usually do - neatly measured and cut all of the copper pipe and along with the gas pipe assembled everything from the source all the way to the tankless heater but held the soldering. When you assemble everything like this before you solder, you are pretty sure everything is lined up and that is the key if you never want to have a leak. As a hint, when you connect the unions at the top of the valve pull out that rubber compression washer and hand tighten the unions - that keeps the washers from getting damaged or warped when you eventually solder. So, when it is all assembled and everything is aligned and straight you start soldering. When...

Webstone isolators
Save your money, these leak, period! We install tankless water heaters and webstone's are notorius for for leaking. Unless this company can create a gasket that does not distort and leak, it's scrap metal in a box.... I do not recommend this product at all

Leaky
I bought these for my Bosch tankless system as Bosch instructions recommends them for installation. I found they both leak no matter what we do to correct. Will be returning them and buying another brand of isolation valves for my system.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment