Saturday, November 2, 2013

Uber Goop WHITE Dishwasher Rack Paint & Glue w/80 caps



Works better than expected - but lots of prep!
I hadn't anticipated the amount of prep that would be required to make a good, long-lasting bond with the vinyl liquid and cap when I purchased this product. BUT! The caps have stayed on absolutely perfectly in about a month and a half of almost daily running of my dishwasher.

PROS:
1) Does what it's supposed to do: they fit on the tines snugly, stay on, prevent rust transfer to dishes, seem to keep rack tines from rusting further . For these reasons alone the kit would get 5 stars easily as far as I'm concerned.

2)the caps also cushion our dishes better than anything I've seen on any factory-provided rack tines. Dishes don't get beaten up by tines but it's nice to get the sense that our dishes are getting gentle treatment after a couple years of scraping and rust stains from the worn tine tips...

CONS:
1) The liquid vinyl dries too quickly. Be sure to get the stuff into the cap and the cap onto the tine within 15 seconds or so or the...

Scott S.
Good product. Worked as advertised. Minor difficulty in getting the glue to "drip" into the caps before you stick them to the rack posts. The easiest way we found was to squeeze the cap closed around the middle, place the glue at the opening, and then release the cap slowly to draw the glue into the cap.

A perfect solution!
When I discovered strange etchings and scratches on some of my dishes, I had no idea what was a causing them. Though it took longer than it should have, I eventually realized that the problem lied with my dishwasher. The soft covering of some of the tines was wearing off around the tips, and in some cases, was completely gone. I looked into many possible solutions, but most were either way too expensive or looked completely unreliable. I decided to try this product based on it's positive reviews on Amazon, and now it's my turn to contribute my own.

In short, this product does exactly what it claims, and it does it perfectly. I used the caps to repair many of my tines, and used the paint-on vinyl to fix damaged bars and touch up tines with minor damage. It took no longer than 15 or 20 minutes to install all 80 caps and brush the vinyl on the remaining problem areas.

Because I bought this product based on its Amazon reviews, I want to address my experience with...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment