Saturday, November 2, 2013

Hamilton Beach 59785R 2-Speed Hand Blender with Case, Black



So far so good
We had a Rival immersion which was highly rated for a short time before I burned out the motor making whip cream. I since bought a regular mixer for making whip cream it does a far better job than an immersion blender.

I make a lot of cream soups and it is great for that without lugging out the big blender not to mention the clean up, the blender will soon be relegated to the basement as a back up. I like the case, it puts everything in one place and easy to store away. There is a milk shake attachment which is very nice and a whipping attachment, I suppose that would be much better for whip cream. I can see a lot of shakes and smoothies coming this summer with my new toy.

Someone mentioned clean up in the dish washer, a little tip for any immersion blender. As soon as I finish with it, I fill a glass or bowl with hot sudsy water and buzz it for a few seconds and then rinse, works great and just wipe off and put away, couldn't be easier.

Another...

Only Used 3 Times
I loved this immersion blender until the plastic casing on the immersion blender cracked after only the 3rd time using it. I was making carrot-pumpkin soup and needed to puree the carrots, and did not want to haul out my blender. This was a perfect use for the immersion blender. I've used it before twice on other soups, so I know that I didn't over-use its capacity. My soup turned out wonderfully, but after I rinsed the detachable wand, I noticed soupy-water still trapped inside and saw the 2-inch long crack.

I'm disappointed in this product, because I loved the ease of use and clean-up. I'm not sure if I'll keep this and use the other attachments, but now I need to get another immersion blender.

Broke after 3 uses!
I have used this blender 4 times only to notice that the plasting casing on the blender cracked and soup-water keeps trapped inside (I've only used for soups). There's a crack that goes all the length of the device. I called customer service and they said their 1-year warranty only covers the motor and they tried to sell me the immersion blender for $12. Ridiculous! I really liked this product but I'm not going to buy an attachment that I know only last a few times... and the customer service at Hamilton Beach was awful!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment