Monday, November 4, 2013

Fagor Portable Induction Cooktop



what a great experience
Wow! I just cooked up some chicken the way I've dreamed of making it: small bite size pieces fried/steamed/ and crustied in a mix of oils: I used coconut, sesame and olive; and then a little bit of honey; and the juice of one lime.... This mixture never would fly in my electric fry pan - because of the many different heat levels I use.

I put the chicken in the oils and cook until it turns white and I put the lid on the pan so it steams through.

Then I add the honey and lime and throw in the lime skins for extra flavor, but then I turn up the heat really high to brown it; and then, here's the trick: I turn the heat off so it doesn't burn.

With the way induction heating goes, its really instant. Press the button and the heat goes up and down that quickly and it doesn't stay on the burner, just in the pan the food its being cooked in.

No more chopping and preparing while the meal is cooking--this is a quick way of cooking and everything needs...

What an amazing little cooktop - cooks in 1/3rd the time
We bought this induction cooktop a month ago for our new house. We have electric stove in the house as well - We have always worked on gas and therefore did not like electric. My sister in law highly recommended induction cooking to us - she is a leading endocrinologist and an expert in nutrition. I was a bit apprehensive in the beginning but before spending $3000 on a Bosch or a Miele, I decided to try with a single cooktop. But wow what a machine. It cooks in 1/3rd the time of electric or gas. My mom has been using gas stove for years and she was blown away by how quickly she can cook anything on induction. I clean the kitchen, and what a relief this machine is. Since the surface (Ceram Schott glass surface) does not get hot (induction cooking is based on magnetic base and only heats the base), you can just wipe off the spills. I use CeramBryte to keep the Ceram Schott surface looking like new and it takes no more than 27 seconds (yes I times it!).

Now onto this machine -...

Fantastic to cook with, boils water very quickly
This unit was purchased to replace a failed induction cooktop from another manufacturer (W*ring Pro - actually I went through two units in just 13 months!). I couldn't be happier with the decision to buy the Fagor. The smooth top is easy to clean and the touch controls work very well (sometimes too well, but no complaint). The unit has 7 power levels, all of which work as described. My only "quibble" is with the timer - once it's set it doesn't show on the display and if you go back into the timer function it clears the previously set timer, it's definitely not a deal breaker for me.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment