Friday, November 1, 2013

Blueair 403 HepaSilent Air-Purification System



Great quiet air purifier
Some of the online specs are misleading. The Blueair 403 unit (at least the one I received) actually has 4 speeds, just like the Blueair 402! Even the manufacturer's own website as of this review lists it as having only 3 speeds. The only difference between the 402 and 403 is that the 403 comes with a small electronic timer that is magnetic (you can put it on your refrigerator or on the Blueair unit itself) which shows you when 6 months are up and it's time to replace the filter. This is handy, but not really needed. So, if you can still find a 402 (now discontinued) for a good price, I'd recommend you grab it!

This is a great unit but it is a bit larger than I expected. If you have a small bedroom or office, it may look a bit imposing. It runs very quiet at the two lowest settings and even at the third setting, I found the sound soothing enough to sleep with. In fact, the first night I had it, I put it on the 3 speed setting and found the sound quiet nice and...

Nice purifier, but the warranty is a scam!
I bought this purifier based on it's build quality and purification capabilities, and also because of the 10 year warranty stated on the amazon page. The unit is powerful and cleans the air in my bedroom very well - within two days, it has completely relieved my sinus problems during this heavy pollen season. It also seems solidly built and it is very silent on the lowest setting (I cannot hear it over the birds chirping outside my closed window).

I would rate this purifier five stars, if the warranty was not a complete scam: it states on the amazon website that there is a 10-year warranty. However, the warranty information that comes with the purifier states that there is only a one-year limited warranty, and that that warranty is only valid if you have proof that you replaced the filter after 6 months. So, if you were not to replace your filter, the warranty would be valid for only 6 months.

You CAN get a 5 year warranty, and even a lifetime warranty, if...

Quiet Enery Efficient and it Works!
I should start with the fact that everyone in our household has allergies, even the dog I think, but that had not been confirmed. Currently we have the Blueair units in all the bedrooms and family room. The best thing about Blueair units is they work! We really feel a difference. Before getting Blueair my wife was not able to sleep thru the night. She would get congested and her throat would get dry so she kept waking up to drink water. Whatever was giving her trouble is now gone from the air and she is finally able to get a good nights sleep.
Outside the fact that this unit cleans the air, I do also like that it is steel construction ( I did a lot of research and that is hard to find), its quiet!!!, and its energy efficient. As for warranty, the warranty card says mail in for free 5 year warranty.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment