Sunday, November 3, 2013

Dylos DC1100 Pro air quality monitor



Outstanding product - especially if you have asthma
I honestly can't remember if I bought my unit from this particular seller, or from another...But I've now had my unit for several years. I have Cough Variant Asthma (A yucky kind of asthma that can make you cough so hard you crack a rib...not fun). I began to notice a correlation between dust in the air and my asthma symptoms, and allergy counts and my asthma. I wanted to buy air cleaners, but they're so expensive...are they really worth it? Well, I finally reached a point that I was ready to MANAGE this asthma, regardless what it took - it was destroying my quality of life.

So...I ripped out all my carpeting and put in a hardwood floor. I bought a very good IQ Air air cleaner (I highly recommend these, by the way). I started using high-end air filters in my house (I now use Filtrete Elite Allergen 2200 air filters in my home heating/AC system).

The laser particle sensor shown here - the Dylos product - was instrumental in helping me figure all this out!! I have...

Very useful for controlling indoor air quality
I believe strongly that if you are trying to control a parameter, you should measure it if at all possible. Closed-loop control systems just work better. The best examples I have are pretty technical, but the rule applies to simple household problem just as much as to fancy engineering problems. For instance, before getting and using a hygrometer, I fumbled around with numerous strategies to keep up the humidity in my apartment in the winter. Once I got the hygrometer, I was able to solve the problem once and for all in just a few days.

A particle counter is to dust levels what a hygrometer is for humidity. They are useful if you have a respiratory condition, or if you work in a place (like a wood shop) with so much dust that even those without respiratory conditions could easily end up getting one if they're not careful. Unfortunately, most particle counters are expensive. This one is not, which may lead you to suspect that it's a toy.

Dylos is a small company...

This device's reading is NOT ACCURATE, and the SERIVCE is very POOR
This device can't provide accurate count for PM2.5, due to the facts as bellow:

1 The count is not accurate,as Air moisture and temperature will greatly affect the result. As we all know, Water is everywhere-even in the air.
It seems that this device can not make a distinction between "water vapor&" and "particles".The device's reading is so high in raining days.
The count of PM2.5 is not accurate, especially when the air moisture level or temperature is high.

2 This device can not provide PM2.5 count based on the official FDA or WHO measurement---μg/m3.
Some sellers says u could "transfer" or "calculate" betwent the reading from this device to "μg/m3"-----it's a huge misleading to buyers and it's impossible.
The result from this device is uncomparable to all the official PM2.5 data.

Lastly but most importantly,
The manufacturer provide a VERY VERY POOR service,
I wrote a number of emails to their "support"...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment